Lesson 4 – Make Your Video and Channel look as good as possible
1. Your YouTube video “thumbnail” is the picture that shows up alongside your film in YouTube searches. YouTube creates a thumbnail automatically, but you can also create your own.
What makes a good thumbnail?
- Big and bold text
- Fun images
- Simple design
2. You can create a banner and a profile picture for your channel.
Take a look at our banner:
www.canva.com is a free online tool to help you create thumbnails, banners and other online promotional content.
3. You might want to consider adding elements to your YouTube video such as
- A “subscribe” button, so people can subscribe to your channel direct from the video
- Links to other films on YouTube
This guide is part of our "Inclusion in the Digital Revolution" project which is supported by the BFI Diversity Fund and Spirit of 2012 Trust